Please note that building and development permits from the Town of Oxbow are MANDATORY in ANY of the following cases:
- Where there is a structural change to the building;
- Where there are electrical changes;
- Where the structure will be attached to the ground;
- Where the structure will be greater than 100 square feet;
- Where the structure will be greater than $5,000 in value;
- For all demolitions.
This includes, but is not limited to decks, sheds, garages, additions, and renovations. It is in the homeowner’s best interest to receive a building / development permit to ensure insurance coverage on your policy. Your insurance policy may be void if the proper permits have not been received.
Permit Process Summary
- First stop is the Town Office to complete their forms requesting a permit (See Building Development Application Form below).
- The Town then conditionally approves permit based on their zoning bylaws.
- The Town then sends the building inspector (Municode) the required information.
- A plan review is done by the building inspector (Municode) at which time one set of approved drawings are returned to the Town along with an inspection report.
- The builder calls for inspections as the project progresses. (Foundations, Framing, Final, Re-inspection)
- After each inspection is done, a written report showing any deficiencies is sent to the town and a copy is left on the site for the builder.
- Once project is complete and deficiencies clearing up, the permit is closed.
ALL FEES MUST BE PAID BEFORE PERMIT IS CLOSED.
Demolition or Moving Permits
To demolish a building or to have it moved, please fill out the following document and submit to the Town Office for approval.
Dogs and Cats
Dogs are to be on a leash when not on your property. You are responsible for cleaning up dog/cat feces on other property besides your own. If your dog/cat is found running at large, it will be put in the pound and all costs and charges are the responsibility of the owner.
If your dog/cat does get picked up by the Town, the costs are as follows:
1st offence = $75, 2nd offence and thereafter = $175