As employees of the Town of Oxbow, we are proud of our community and we look for ways to make a difference. We enjoy a workplace that strives for excellence, innovation, and opportunities for growth.
RECREATION FACILITIES OPERATOR
The Oxbow & District Recreation Board is seeking a full-time Recreation Operator to provide hands-on property management, maintenance, and caretaking duties for six town-owned recreation facilities including the Arena, Bow Valley Park, and Bow Valley Trails.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Property/facility maintenance and caretaking duties for six town-owned recreation facilities -Oxbow Arena, Oxbow Swimming Pool, Oxbow Memorial Hall & Tennis Courts, Bow Valley Park & Bow Valley Trails, and the Ralph Allen Museum, and Oxbow Branch of SE Regional Library.
- Aid in the coordination of facility projects.
- Aid in the coordination of volunteers for large projects.
- Aid in Facility Booking and recreation program registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Recreation Facility Manager
Preference will be given to applicants that possess the following:
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license; must provide own vehicle.
- 1 to 3 years of general carpentry, mechanical, and plumbing experience.
- Demonstrated facility maintenance experience.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and direction, as well as part of a team environment. Demonstrate a cooperative attitude with management, staff, partners, and residents.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in all weather and lift over 50 pounds.
- The following Certifications or willing to obtain:
- Boiler Ticket - Refrigeration Plant
- Operator Certification - Confined Space/TDG/WHMIS
- Building Maintenance Level 1 - Arena Operator Level 1 and 2
- Pool Operator - First Aid and CPR
- Occupational Health and Safety Training Levels 1 and 2
This position offers a competitive salary based on qualifications, employee benefits package, and pension plan. This position is flexible/variable hours at 40 hours a week (2,80 hours per year).
Applicants are invited to submit a resume with a cover letter and a minimum of two references to:
Town of Oxbow
Attn: Recreation Manager
319 Main street
Oxbow, SK S0C 2B0
*Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected.