Social connections are more important than ever. We are pleased to announce the Block Party Program.
The Block Party Program was created to help create a safer, more connected community. Knowing your neighbours makes a safer community, helps newcomers feel welcome to our beautiful town, and encourages networking.
The Town of Oxbow and the Southern Plains Co-op is sponsoring The Block Party Program for the months of July and August.
- Find a champion of your block to register a minimum of 7 days before and organize.
- The Town of Oxbow and the Co-op will supply the number of hotdogs, hamburgers, and buns requested for the people attending the party. (Food order must be provided a minimum of 7 days in advance)
- The town will block off the street if requested in the application/OR we will give the residents the permission to block it off themselves for the time set in their application.
- The Mayor, Councillor, and/or Town representative will deliver the food, and games (if applicable) on the requested day, and kick off the fun!
To qualify you:
- Must include everyone on the blocks you are inviting.
- If inviting the side connecting street, everyone must be included on the side street
- Only include the people who RSVP to the party for the food orders
- Only one block party per Street or Ave, will be supported per year
- Remember alcohol is only permitted on private property, not town streets or parks.
Everything you need to have a successful block party is on this page. Please Download Guide or come into the office for a printed copy.
- Guide to having a Block Party & Registration Form
- Block Party Invitations
- Block Party Activities
- Loaner Recreation Equipment Bags for Parties
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 483-2747 with any questions, or come visit us at the office.