Social connections are more important than ever. We are pleased to announce the Block Party Program.
The Block Party Program was created to help create a safer, more connected community. Knowing your neighbours makes a safer community, helps newcomers feel welcome in our beautiful town, and encourages networking.
The Town of Oxbow and Southern Plains Co-op is pleased to sponsor the block Party program for June, July, and August. (No parties to be sponsored July 1st weekend, please join the Town in their Canada Day Celebrations)
- Find a champion of your block to register at least 7 days before and organize.
- The Town of Oxbow and the Co-op will supply the number of hotdogs, hamburgers, and buns requested for the party attendees. (Food orders must be provided a minimum of 7 days in advance)
- The town will block off the street if requested in the application/OR we will permit the residents to block it off themselves for the time set in their application.
To qualify you:
- Must include everyone on the blocks you are inviting.
- If inviting the side connecting street, or numerous blocks, everyone must be included on the streets invited
- Only include the people who RSVP to the party for the food orders
- Remember, alcohol is only permitted on private property, not on town streets or parks.
Everything you need to have a successful block party is on this page. Please Download the Guide or come into the office for a printed copy.
- Guide to Having a Block Party & Registration Form
- Block Party Invitations
- Block Party Activities
- Loaner Recreation Equipment Bags for Parties
Email email@example.com or call 483-2747 with any questions, or come visit us at the office.